Can you even believe that 2018 is almost over?!
Sitting here trying to think of something really original and sassy to write about. I have already wasted too much time discussing what to have for our girls Christmas Dinner. Which then moved me onto thinking about Christmas and how BLOODY EXCITED I AM!
Then it came to me. In need of a pick me up. I thought, why not write down 10 things I’m looking forward to before 2018 is up.
- The obvious. CHRISTMAS! Love it or hate it (You’re a scrudge if you hate it and need to tune into my blog post on why you NEED to love Christmas… when I publish it of course) it’s coming. Persoannly I love it. A time of year for eating delicious food. Making more time for those you love and decorating your home. Just a few reasons why I love Christmas.
- A night out. I am defiantly looking forward to heading out with my girlfriends for a dance and cocktails. It’s my friends birthday this month and even though I’m not attending the whole night, I’m looking forward to getting my GLAM-RAGS on and heading out for the evening. Something I haven’t done for a good couple of months.
- Starting my plastic free journey. So this is a funny one… Over the last few months certain things and people have opened my eyes to how much plastic we use on a daily basis. If you follow me on Instagram you would of already seen that I have switched supermarkets to be able to buy less plastic. I left my beloved Lidl’s behind. I know it was a sad moment for me too… and took a trip to Morrison’s where I found far more plastic free options. After watching Stacey Dooley’s investigation into fast fashion, it shocked me. So I’ve decided to say NO to fast fashion and buy more frugally. If you’re interested in finding out more I wrote a blog post all about it here.
- Autumnal/ Winter walks. I’ve already been on quite a few, but they are one of my favorite things to do. Getting outside in the fresh air, with someone you love and taking in the scenery is just blissful.
- Jumpers. Is this weird? I want to grow my jumper collection this year. I went through a phase of really disliking jumpers and only wearing them because of the obvious, they keep you warm. However, this year is a bit different. A new love for jumpers has filled my world or wardrobe shall I say. Once I’ve built my collection I will be sharing a post on my favorites.
- Expanding my Hey, it’s ok community. Or team. I like to say, team, because you lovely lot inspire me so much and I do really feel now that I have a proper little team behind Hey, it’s ok.
- Re-visiting my 2018 goal list and make new ones for the new year. I do believe in setting yourself goals to work towards. I know I’ve already smashed one of them but I haven’t looked at them in a while and I’m looking forward to seeing how many I actually achieved.
- Setting up more collaborations. I really do love collaborating with brands and other bloggers. Collaborations are not only exciting but another way to be creative. When a collaboration works really well the creativity is endless and the finished product is beautiful.
- Getting crafty. One of the things I love about Christmas is decorating my house, but this can often come with quite the price tag. We don’t have a lot of decorations as I do believe this is something you build on each year. So this Christmas I have decided to get crafty and make most of my decorations.
- Family Sundays. I really want Sunday to become a Family fun day where we either chill out at home as a three or we go out somewhere or we meet up with Grandparents, Sisters, brothers-in-law, cousins etc…
There you have it. My list of things I’m looking forward to before the year is up. What are you excited about in the next couple of months? This post was a lovely one to write so I hope you enjoy it too.