When life seems to be going quite… well, shit. Someone lovely, in the form of a fabulous lady and lifestyle blogger Em tags your in the Blogger Recognition Award and suddenly life just is a little less shit. So a massive THANK YOU to the gorgeous Em for this lovely tag. So let me explain a little more about this wonderful award/post
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, providing a link to the post you created.
Why I started Blogging.
I started this little online heaven of mine in July 2016, July the 8th to be specific. I can’t actually remember how or who’s blog it was that I first read mainly because for months and months every day I would read a new blog post, well study them is probably a better word to use. So what made me start my own? Well I found something through blogging that I couldn’t get from my friends or family and that I was that I wasn’t the only one who “danced around the house naked” or “farted in front of their partner” I didn’t feel like an outcast. I came across more and more posts and bloggers that I could relate to. I started my blog as I wanted to voice my opinion on things and not get funny looks, I wanted to share my passion with people who loved the same things. I wanted to maybe help people who had been through the same life changing things as me. But ultimately I started because I wanted something to channel my creativity into.
Advice for newbies.
Well, I still class myself as a newbie as I’ve only been blogging for the best part of eight months, very much part time as well, so I will share with you some of my top tips that I have picked up over the past eight months.
- Write because YOU want to. There is nothing worse then feeling like you “have to” write a post or that you “probably should” because you haven’t even opened you laptop in a week. Blogging is great and I think Its doing so well, for some, because they enjoy doing it, and lets face it, if we enjoy something we usually do it well. So if blogging becomes a chore, close the laptop, step away from social media and take a break. Be yourself. I love reading blog posts that ooze personality. It makes them a lot more interesting and nine times out of ten makes me subscribe.
- Speaking of social media, it is the BEST way to promote your blog. This can be hard to keep up with, especially when there are so many different social media sights now. I use Buffer to schedule tweets and sometimes Instagram posts but Instagram is by far my favorite so I don’t feel like I have to “keep up” with it as much as Facebook or Twitter. Growing a following can take time but it is better to have 100 followers that engage with you and your posts then 5000 followers that maybe a few comment, like or properly interact with you. (In my opinion of course!!)
Who I nominate.
All of these bloggers are fantastic in my opinion, and for very different reasons, I read all of them on a regular basis, so go and check them out!
Ta-ra for now