I don’t know about you but sometimes Mondays are a struggle.
5:30am. The alarm goes off. Eyes barely open, you say to yourself “please be Sunday. Please be Sunday!” But unfortunately reality hits you and you realise, it’s Monday.
I used to stumble into Mondays dragging my feet behind me feeling utterly sorry for myself. Not anymore. A couple of weeks ago I thought to myself, “why do Mondays have to be all about healthy eating, trying to get all your jobs done and dusted and generally putting a lot of pressure on yourself.”
I say, chill out a bit. Enjoy your Mondays. After all, you are setting yourself up for the rest of the week.
So, here are my 5 top tips for managing Mondays:
- Mojito Mondays. Yes, thats right start your Monday off with a refreshing Mojito. Ok let’s not take this too literally here, I’m not suggesting you swap your orange juice with a Mojito, let’s save that for those special occasions ‘ay. However, when the day is coming to an end the only beverage you will want to have is made by using four simple ingredients; Lime, mint, lemonade and Bacardi.
2. Pizza!Pizza!Pizza! I believe you should try and cram in as many of your favourite things into your Monday as possible. As you may have guessed pizza is pretty high on the top of my ‘all time favourite things’ list. As much as I love pizza, I also want to start the week off right, so I’ve found my happy medium, wholemeal pizza. Check out the recipe here.
3. Exercise. I know, I know, I said it was a no pressure Monday but exercise is great for so many things. Exercise releases endorphins making yourself feel happier, bonus number one ‘tick‘. It helps with your digestion and metabolism (making that guilt feeling about having that delicious pizza disappear). Finally, it sets you up for the rest of the week, I always find myself being more motivated to keep up with my exercise routine when I do some type of exercise on a Monday.
4. Movie night Mondays. What better way to chill out on a Monday then by putting on your favourite film or TV series and having a good old snuggle. I love losing myself in a film or laughing at those old episodes of ‘Friends’. For me, it’s the perfect Monday evening and the best way to relax and forget about those tasks for the week. Tonight, it’s the first season of FRIENDS.
5. You’ve got to love a list. Instead of stressing about the week ahead, feeling overwhelmed with jobs you have to get sorted and not knowing where to start, make a list. Write down all those jobs you need to get done in the week and priorities them. Starting with those urgent tasks and finishing the week off with more of those ‘this can wait’ type tasks. You’ll feel a lot more relaxed knowing you’ve got all those jobs written down and you’ll feel a massive sense of achievement every time you get to tick something off your list.
I hope these tips make your Mondays more manageable.
Let me know what your favourite things to do on a Monday are.
Ta-ra for now